Sunday, February 13, 2011

Soy Milk...

Last week during one of our many snow days Mason decided he was allergic to milk and needed to drink soy milk.

One morning during breakfast he said his milk tasted bad. He said it must be rotten. Ross and I both tasted the milk and it was fine. All day he refused to drink milk, which is strange for Mason. He loves milk. We drink 4-5 gallons a week. The next morning Mason had cereal for breakfast and again said the milk tasted bad. That day during nap time, Mason yelled from his room that he was allergic to milk and needed to drink soy milk like Cole Vincent. Cole is Drake's best friend. Cole drinks soy milk and Mason loves Cole. When Mason is asked how many brothers he has he says 2, Drake and Cole!

So Mason has not had any milk in three or four days. This morning he and Drake wanted oatmeal for breakfast. They both like it made with milk but Mason asked for his with water. Before I thought about what I was doing I made both with milk. Mason saw me pour milk into both bowls and started to have a fit. I quickly said your's has soy milk. He bought it and ate the oatmeal with out any problems. Then he says show me the soy milk!!! I was stuck but lucky for me Ross stepped in and distracted Mason from the soy milk.

I think tomorrow I will do an experiment with soy and cow milk and see if Mason can detect a difference in a blind taste test.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment