Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Funny how you plans don't really matter...

Just a quick up date on the last week.

Last week was pretty uneventful for the most part. Just the normal stuff... school, work, church, gym, repeat. I did get to workout with Heather for the first time after Cash. We had a nice light leg workout and some cardio, maybe we will again tonight?!?!

On Friday the boys and I headed down to Sheridan to visit my parents. Ross stayed in Fayetteville to finish up writing his dissertation. I had planned to take the boys to the Grant County Fair and Rodeo and hang out with my sisters and the rest of the family. We were going to celebrate all of the September and October birthdays in our family (Papa, Uncle Bill, Samantha, Tim, and Patricia) on Saturday afternoon. These were MY plans.

When the boys and I got to Russellville they were hungry so we stopped and got something to eat, just before my mom had called to ask us what time we would be home. We had not been back on the road for long when she called again but this time from her cell phone. She told me that they were taking my Grandma to the hospital and they were going to meet the ambulance at Crossroads. That was all she said. So I finally got a hold of Melissa and she told me Grandma was having chest pains and probable a heart attack. So I put the pedal to the metal and headed to Baptist. I almost beat the ambulance there but I got held up in some traffic in Little Rock. We spent most of the night in the ER and ICU. She did have a heart attack but they did not find any major blockage so that was good news. However the doctor did perforate a small artery during the arteriogram so she had to stay in ICU for a few days to make sure the artery healed properly. She is doing great now and is at home.

It is amazing how quickly YOUR plans can change. God has a plan for everyone and every moment and we need to remember that we are not in control!

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us this weekend and continue to pray for my Grandma during her recovery.

Drake and Mason did get to go to the fair but it was on Sunday to help me and my Dad take down the chicken pens. They had a great time helping and watching the rides pull away to go to the next fair.

Also over the past week I have realized how much like my Dad I am. I went to the PTO meeting this past week and I love being involved in everything they do. Also I do not like the boys to ride carnival rides because they are DANGEROUS!! They are pulled on trucks from town to town that can't be safe, Dad never wanted us to ride them when we were little. And I hate it when Mason plays with his gum!!!

I signed up for another round of spinning classes. When I told the guy at the HYPER I wanted to take the Tuesday, Thursday and Friday classes he looked at me like I was CRAZY!! He said really all three days, Yep all three. It is so fun and great cardio. All you folks that are at the UofA should check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your Grandma is doing better!!!

    Our plans don't matter - "The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9" - that's how you end up living places you never thought you'd go (or at least that's true for Jack and I).

    And amen about the carnival rides!

    :) stacy

    ReplyDelete