Thursday, March 26, 2009

First entry

Okay, so this is the first time I have blogged... we will see how it goes and if I keep up with it. I have the privilege of "having it all" right now. I am married to an amazing man, who is my best friend and a super dad. Ross and I have been married for almost 6 years and have 2 awesome, crazy, incredible little boys, Drake and Mason. My three boys are my life. I also am working towards obtaining my Ph.D. in Poultry Science and I run a very busy laboratory at the University of Arkansas. Ross is also finishing up his Doctorate this summer.

Our life is very busy and full of surprises... you never know what is going to happen today or tomorrow so we just go with the flow. That may surprise some people who new me in a past life because I am a recovering control freak. If my boys have taught me anything it is that I cannot control what they are going to do next, I can only react to what happens.

Drake is 5 and is playing T-ball for the first time this year. He can hit the ball but catching and throwing are another story. Ross tried to work with him last night (in the living room, which is surprising because the TV is Ross' m0st prized possession). It went okay but there is still a lot of learning!!

Mason is 2 and will turn 3 in May. The best way to describe Mason is like a stealth bomber, he sneaks up on you and is gone before you know what has happened. Last weekend I asked the boys to play in there rooms for a little while so I could recover from a migraine headache. Drake was fine and watched cartoons. I thought Mason had gone into his room to play. Later when I went in to my bathroom it had been redecorated by Mason. He had used my mascara brush as a paint brush. The room was painted with mascara, toothpaste, neosporin, and whatever else he could get his hands on. This is one example of a day with Mason!!!

Well I think that is enough for now... try to write some more later.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda! I am so glad that you are blogging and we can stay in contact with each other thay way. I look forward to seeing some pics of those boys! I know exactly what you are talking about with Mason. Avana will be 3 in July and she is the same way. I can't take my eyes off of her for very long or she will have something torn up.

    ReplyDelete